Laynes began trading at it’s at it’s central Leeds location in 2011 with our shop on New Station Street being just a matter of a few seconds walk from Leeds train station. Having reopened in early January 2017 after an extensive refurbishment, enlargement and installation of a new kitchen we’ve hit the ground running and now look to hire a Commis Chef with an immediate (or as close to) start. You will be working in close contact with the Head Chef and the director of the business as well as everyone involved in what is a close knit and professional team to help maintain and develop the food offering at Laynes while gaining a vast amount of knowledge while working with highly experienced chefs.
We also require -
• Good time keeping - early starts (service starts at 7am, shifts start between 6am and 6.30am) with weekend availability essential
• To assist the chefs with the preparation and cooking of dishes as required
• Assistance with maintaining the HACCP records
• Strong awareness of the ethics of food sourcing and contemporary trends
• Experience is preferable but not essential if motivated and knowledgable
• Works efficiently and well within close proximity of other staff
• Presentable - we serve out of a customer facing open kitchen
• A understanding and willingness to work within all parts of kitchen service and back of house maintenance
• Would be great if you have an interest in the coffee side of things…just so you don’t get bored of us talking about it all day
• 12 months experience is preferred but not essential
Please get in touch by email - firstname.lastname@example.org - with a CV.
A decent covering letter helps a lot.