Laynes began trading at it’s at it’s central Leeds location in 2011 with our shop on New Station Street being just a matter of a few seconds walk from Leeds train station. Having reopened in early January 2017 after an extensive refurbishment, enlargement and installation of a new kitchen we hit the ground running and built a solid team of motivated kitchen staff. We’re now looking to add to that team with an immediate (or as close to) starting full time chef role.
You will be working in close contact with the Head Chef, General Manager and the director of the business as well as everyone else involved in what is a close knit and professional team to help maintain and develop the food offering at Laynes while gaining a vast amount of knowledge by working with experienced chefs.
We also require -
- 12 months experience in a professional kitchen or the ability to show an adequate self taught skill set
- We get busy, someone who can function well under pressure is a huge advantage
- Good time keeping - early starts (service starts at 7am, shifts start between 6am and 6.30am) with weekend availability essential
- To assist the current chefs with the preparation and cooking of dishes as required
- An awareness (and speciality) of vegetarian and vegan cooking that reaches beyond the lazy obvious, the majority of our menu is vegetarian
- The enthusiasm and motivation to play a part in menu specials
- Assistance with maintaining the HACCP records
- Strong awareness of the ethics of food sourcing and contemporary trends
- Works efficiently and well within close proximity of other staff
- Presentable - we serve out of a customer facing open kitchen
- Would be great if you have an interest in the coffee side of things…just so you don’t get bored of us talking about it all day
Please get in touch by email - email@example.com - with a CV.
A decent covering letter helps a lot.